Logo

GNSO Council Meeting - Shared screen with speaker view
Pam Little, RrSG
50:37
I can see Ayden on the participants list
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
50:59
indeed @Pam
Martin Silva Valent
51:27
He might have connection problems, so I have the proxy just in case
Nathalie Peregrine
51:28
Thank you Pam, I’ll private message Ayden.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
51:49
but that is not here now
Elsa Saade
52:01
thanks Keith!
Tatiana Tropina
52:05
congrats, Elsa! <3
Elsa Saade
52:12
thank you Tat :))
Nathalie Peregrine
52:14
Thanks @martin, noted.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
52:15
connection issues would explain the drop
Paul McGrady
52:23
Congrats Elsa!
Elsa Saade
52:48
thank you Paul! Appreciated
Flip Petillion
57:06
Félicitations Elsa !
Elsa Saade
57:28
Merci Flip! :)
Darcy Southwell
01:07:20
Congrats to you, Elsa!
Elsa Saade
01:08:15
thanks a lot Darcy!!
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
01:08:40
And Thanks for that recommendation Keith *wearing my ATR3 Co-Lead hat*
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
01:09:14
We will also be sending out a Survey set of questions in MId August
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
01:09:28
to close mid Sept
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
01:09:48
in the Chat
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
01:09:50
NP
Paul McGrady
01:10:43
@Keith - I received a draft of the Charter from Mary today which I will share with Martin. So, if we are going to have more volunteers, we need them to identify themselves pretty much now.
Mary Wong
01:12:28
On the RPM re-chartering in relation specifically to the IGO Curative Rights referral question: staff is working with Paul to get an updated draft done, based on the most recent GAC-GNSO informal discussion in Marrakech.
Pam Little, RrSG
01:13:25
Thank you both, Paul and Mary.
Philippe Fouquart
01:13:44
this is correct Keith
Philippe Fouquart
01:13:56
Thank you
Elsa Saade
01:15:17
any ideas on when will we see the outcome of the work on the RPMs charter development?
Keith Drazek (Verisign)
01:16:22
Please scroll down further, Nathalie
Mary Wong
01:16:58
@Elsa, the staff understanding is that an updated draft will be shared with Council & GAC leadership as soon as possible. As you know, this specific drafting effort is the dependency for a fuller rechartering of RPMs Phase 2.
Elsa Saade
01:17:42
yes, thanks Mary, I understand. Just wondering around when will we expect to review the draft?
Maxim Alzoba
01:17:55
ccNSO placed a call for volunteers for CSC
Maxim Alzoba
01:18:05
on 10thjuly
Paul McGrady
01:19:02
@Elsa - with only 2 Council member volunteers, it could take some time...
Maxim Alzoba
01:19:11
@Keith, there is work in progress on IDN (drafting)
Nathalie Peregrine
01:21:08
Full motion can be found here: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Motions+18+July+2019
Nathalie Peregrine
01:22:18
https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/review-gac-communique-18jul19-en.pdf
Julf Helsingius
01:22:23
I did post it on the mail list
Pam Little, RrSG
01:23:33
It now reads: As this Advice from the GAC is merely a request for the Board to explain its actions, the GNSO Council sees little harm in the Board doing so.
Nathalie Peregrine
01:23:53
The version on the screen is not the most updated one, apologies for this.
Julf Helsingius
01:24:17
yes, that is what is in the final version
Elsa Saade
01:26:04
@Paul I think a couple of other people volunteered! There’s me and Martin from the NCSG side
Elsa Saade
01:26:22
but we did not get any info so far
Mary Wong
01:26:44
@Elsa, that’s correct - and the updated draft will most certainly be sent to you and Martin along with the Council leadership!
Elsa Saade
01:27:13
we would have been happy to help, as we showed interest in Marrakesh if my memory serves me well
Elsa Saade
01:27:21
thanks @Mary
Pam Little, RrSG
01:37:14
Agree with Rafik - Rec#1, purpose 2 is one of the topics deferred to Phase 2
Marie Pattullo
01:37:29
There's no concrete timeline so there's a gap in the policy right now (purpose 2).
Rafik Dammak
01:38:32
@Marie the timeline indicates how the priorities 1 and
Rafik Dammak
01:38:35
2 will be covered
Rafik Dammak
01:38:46
But it doesn’t go to such granular level
Paul McGrady
01:41:50
All, sorry to be quiet on this topic, which is very important to the IPC. However, Flip and I are still studying this and need to consult with our constituency members about it.
Marie Pattullo
01:42:13
Thanks, Keith.
Flip Petillion
01:42:47
Thx Keith
Emily Barabas
01:44:19
WHOIS Accuracy Reporting System (ARS) Project Information: https://whois.icann.org/en/whoisars
Maxim Alzoba
01:47:49
As I understand EPDP sent to Legal Team questions about ARS and I think we need those answers
Maxim Alzoba
01:48:04
before making decisions
Elsa Saade
01:50:12
+1 Rafik! I think it’s important that issues of substance don’t overlap when they’re big substances that should be dealt with in depth.
Elsa Saade
01:50:56
Initiation of a PDP is an idea worth delving into
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
01:53:30
:-)
Paul McGrady
01:53:46
Welcome Phil & Kathy!
Paul McGrady
01:54:07
Congrats to Kathy! That is great!
Pam Little, RrSG
01:54:07
Congrats, Kathy
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
01:54:18
Yes excellent news
Kathy Kleiman
01:54:51
Tx Pam, tx Paul, tx Cheryl. It's very exciting -- and a wonderful law school!
Kathy Kleiman
01:58:22
A lot of work was done; a lot of data was analyzed.
Kathy Kleiman
02:01:24
Nothing to add.
Kathy Kleiman
02:01:49
Except in chat -- our two Subteams worked in parallel to speed the work.
Kathy Kleiman
02:01:58
Tx Phil!
Philippe Fouquart
02:02:08
No questions, thanks Phil, Thanks Kathy.
Maxim Alzoba
02:02:13
Thanks Phil, Kathy!
Marie Pattullo
02:02:17
Thanks both!
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:02:40
Indeed of required I will do so...
Philippe Fouquart
02:08:05
Side comment: bullet points #2 to #5 of this slide are interesting (albeit not new) inputs to PDP 3.0 as they may not be specific to WT5
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:08:29
Very true Philippe
Elsa Saade
02:08:38
we definitely have taken these points into consideration in the pfp 3.0 work
Elsa Saade
02:08:44
pdp 3.0*
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:08:46
usually 25-30+
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:08:50
on the calls
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:09:28
of corse re PDP 3.0 shorter runnuing tighter scoped PDPs will help as well ;-)
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:09:39
ergh typos sorry
Elsa Saade
02:09:58
great point Cheryl, feeds into our conversation early on about accuracy vs. epdp Phase 2
Elsa Saade
02:09:59
thanks
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:10:08
yup
Marie Pattullo
02:11:35
Are you addressing string similarity, Jeff/Cheryl? The BC as you know has issues with plurals (etc.) not being confusing.
Marie Pattullo
02:11:50
Because they are confusing :-).
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:12:50
There IS lots of good progress going on In the PDP of course let's also note the posatives and progress
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:13:51
Assistance with those would however be invaluable for our PDP though @Keith
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:14:04
Clarity is the key
Nathalie Peregrine
02:14:07
All PDP Update slide decks have been posted on the Documents page: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Documents+18+July+2019
Maxim Alzoba
02:14:09
I do not think tying more issues into one will help (time of NCAP is at least one year or more)
Flip Petillion
02:14:09
@Marie: in what language?
Marie Pattullo
02:15:56
Any, Flip.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:16:06
a likely recommendation ( no consensus call yet ;-)
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:16:27
audio is choppy for me
Flip Petillion
02:16:38
a word in one language is not the same in another Marie
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:16:46
better now
Maxim Alzoba
02:16:47
the same on audio
Marie Pattullo
02:16:52
Thanks, Jeff.
Jeff Neuman
02:16:58
Sorry
Marie Pattullo
02:17:46
Yes I know, Flip - but somene who scribbles down a DN recommended by a friend is not going to see much difference between (e.g.) dot kid and dot kids.
Flip Petillion
02:17:58
Thanks Pam
Jeff Neuman
02:18:15
Thanks Pam!
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:18:29
well noted @Pam
Jeff Neuman
02:18:33
Nothing further from me :)
Rafik Dammak
02:18:36
Thanks Jeff for the update
Elsa Saade
02:18:40
thanks Pam - I hope we’ll be able to be much more helpful going forward
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:18:42
NOPE
Flip Petillion
02:18:44
Marie: i disagree on the basis of linguistic and psychological studies brought in IRPs on this topic
Jeff Neuman
02:18:51
Goodnight all. I am dropping
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:19:07
Thanks Jeff
Philip Corwin
02:19:54
Bye all
Maxim Alzoba
02:36:45
Could we proceed to Costs item?
Carlos Gutiérrez
02:37:01
I don't think priorities would be the same for each constituencies, or the corporation, or the board
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:37:11
I do want to note for the Councils attentions our compliments to Brian as an ATRT3 Co-Chair on how openly, and proactivly he has engaged with our RT to ensure we are operating in as complemantary way as possible within our individual work plans and activities...
Pam Little, RrSG
02:37:52
Thank you, Cheryl. Good to know
Carlos Gutiérrez
02:38:30
the best connectivity ever from Tatiana
Keith Drazek (Verisign)
02:39:03
My phone line just dropped
Keith Drazek (Verisign)
02:39:55
Ok, I'm back.
Keith Drazek (Verisign)
02:40:47
Tatiana must have stolen my bandwidth, as we're about 100 meters from each other in Meissen, Germany.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:41:00
LOL
Marie Pattullo
02:41:23
:-))
Keith Drazek (Verisign)
02:41:36
Time-check everyone. We have 5 minutes left and need to get to AOB.
Paul McGrady
02:43:19
@Keith - my comment can wait. Can we discuss this issuie on our next call? I'm really concerned about accidently creating a Super Council or ICANN Work Czar. I'm also worried about us not actually addressing the evolution of the MSM (evolving role of Staff, governments, etc,)
Darcy Southwell
02:43:52
That’s helpful. Thank you.
Rafik Dammak
02:43:53
@Paul you mean the prioritization?
Darcy Southwell
02:43:59
Agree with Paul about furthering the discussion.
Darcy Southwell
02:44:15
Via the mailing list and maybe at the next meeting.
Tatiana Tropina
02:44:27
thanks all
Emily Barabas
02:45:05
Public comment on the Fundamental Bylaws Amendment Proposal – IANA Naming Function Review (close date 26 July 2019): https://www.icann.org/public-comments/bylaws-amend-iana-naming-function-2019-06-10-en
Emily Barabas
02:46:05
Webinar - Nominating Committee (NomCom) Review Implementation Planning Team (IPT): https://icann.zoom.us/recording/play/bzuRFWWR-bEiVQen9_j_sWzEzcHf8-iJ2DU7MEC-lKFlglsygvEWBrmqNqpgUg1N
Pam Little, RrSG
02:48:35
So for implementation, we now have at least three acronyms: IRT, IPT, IOT :-)
Emily Barabas
02:48:58
Public comment at https://www.icann.org/public-comments/draft-financial-projections-fy2021-2025-2019-06-14-en
Mary Wong
02:49:06
@Pam, there is also (or was) IAG (implementation advisory group)!
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:49:07
I will watch the Council list fpr anything just use NC-IPT in the Subject header
Pam Little, RrSG
02:50:07
Thanks Mary - I am learning
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:50:56
endorsement
Marie Pattullo
02:51:36
Agreed
Emily Barabas
02:52:36
@Maxim, please see under item 7 https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Documents+18+July+2019
Elsa Saade
02:52:58
thanks all
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
02:52:59
Thanks everyone... good call ... bye for now...
Tatiana Tropina
02:53:04
bye all
Pam Little, RrSG
02:53:07
Thank you all. Bye for now
Flip Petillion
02:53:08
Thank you all
Darcy Southwell
02:53:08
Thank you, all.
Maarten Simon
02:53:09
Thank. bye
Julf Helsingius
02:53:12
thanks and bye
Philippe Fouquart
02:53:12
Thanks Keith, Thanks everyone. Bye.
Maxim Alzoba
02:53:15
bye all
Marie Pattullo
02:53:16
Thanks!