Logo

Julie Bisland's Personal Meeting Room - Shared screen with speaker view
Brian King
25:03
hello all
Matt Serlin (RrSG)
26:56
Can you repost that for folks that arrived late :)
caitlin.tubergen
27:18
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rdtRLaNm5DiWR_EPei4Oi64FaDauIXEQhnF2Lm_NxbI/edit
Matt Serlin (RrSG)
27:24
many thanks!
Janis Karklins (Chair)
29:22
Now it will be Legal Committee
Matt Serlin (RrSG)
29:49
No we did decide to have the legal committee and Janis called it
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)
29:50
What was the question that you asked for consensus on Caitlin, sorry was having audio problems
Janis Karklins (Chair)
30:46
I confirm
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)
31:07
Did Janis not say that on second thoughts lets dissolve it?? was this not after Volker wanted to join? What do you mean by “group”. you have allowed constituencies to each have a rep, that means we get three I presume for the NCSG
Marika Konings
32:27
Please note that this is the action item from the last meeting: Each group to nominate one person for the representative legal committee and provide the nomination to the Chair in advance of the next meeting, Wednesday, 12 June.
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)
32:51
Thanks very much Caitlin
Janis Karklins (Chair)
33:07
Stephanie, I withdraw my proposal and upon suggestion of a team member we agreed to constitute a representative Legal Committee where each group would suggest a member.
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)
34:13
okay so that means each constituency, yes?
Margie Milam (BC)
34:26
Question: Please have B& B update its memorandum in light of the input from the EC communications-- specifically evaluating whether other legal bases could apply (public interest, performance of contract & consent)
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)
34:30
so 3 for us. And we have till friday to name the reps
Janis Karklins (Chair)
34:31
Representative Legal Committee will examine questions and will bring suggestions for approval by the Team as a whole
Thomas Rickert (ISPCP)
35:22
Sorry for mentioning this point again and again. We should consider conducting a DPIA at some point. That will help tease out the impact of the city field.
Janis Karklins (Chair)
35:35
I asked to make nominations by the next call, 13 June
Thomas Rickert (ISPCP)
35:59
Maybe we should take this general point to the plenary tomorrow.
Thomas Rickert (ISPCP)
41:23
Agreed, Mark SV
stephanieperrin
43:50
I thought we had fixed the disappearing chat problem? Sorry , Zoom dropped and I missed a few minutes. Hard to catch up with no chat to see
Marika Konings
44:24
@Stephanie - no, that is not an issue that has been fixed. Do note that the full transcript will be posted after the meeting.
Terri Agnew
44:25
Hi Stephanie, the disappearing chat is still a work in progress with zoom. The full chat will be published at the end of the call.
Mark Svancarek (BC)
44:28
The Zoom UI remains slightly confusing to me, too
Thomas Rickert (ISPCP)
44:56
Please take a look at Art. 35 GDPR. I did not go into detail, but that article helps understand under what circumstances a DPIA is required.
Margie Milam (BC)
45:19
The B& B memo notes that there is no need to redact for legal persons
Chris Lewis-Evans (GAC)
45:43
+1 Alan / Margie
Brian King (IPC)
46:27
Probably two: legal vs. natural, and geographic distinction
Alan Greenberg (ALAC)
47:27
The elgal vs Natural issues is NOT what we are discussing now.
Matt Serlin (RrSG)
48:42
Yeah I don’t think I view that as a dependency really…different issues which relate but aren’t dependent for our purposes IMO
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)
48:44
Unfortunately I was not on the last call and have not yet caught up with the transcripts
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)
50:52
The only question is how to get all this work done in time
caitlin.tubergen
51:15
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xlw1N7omlgPKjag_FnOy03NRvByol8IaJma5zNPkWaY/edit
Thomas Rickert (ISPCP)
51:23
Caitlin, can you just make sure we have an AI to discuss the question of DPIAs, please?
Thomas Rickert (ISPCP)
51:37
Thanks"!
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)
56:10
forgive me for my total ignorance on this topic, but which controller or processor does this data retention question apply to
Mark Svancarek (BC)
01:01:05
zzzzzzz
Mark Svancarek (BC)
01:01:13
jkl
Brian King (IPC)
01:01:14
data retention is pretty non-controversial, I think :-)
Thomas Rickert (ISPCP)
01:01:15
You are doing very well, Caitlin!
Mark Svancarek (BC)
01:01:17
jk
Brian King (IPC)
01:01:20
rock on Caitlin
Mark Svancarek (BC)
01:01:24
everything is good
Matt Serlin (RrSG)
01:01:49
lol Brian must not have been involved in all of those Phase 1 discussions…lots of strong views!
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)
01:03:41
I agree Alan.
Thomas Rickert (ISPCP)
01:03:45
If ICANN were GDPR compliant, all this should be documented by now.
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)
01:03:58
precisely. Long overdue.
Chris Lewis-Evans (GAC)
01:05:55
Thanks all
Ben Butler (SSAC)
01:05:56
Thanks all
León Sanchez (ICANN Board Liaison)
01:05:56
thanks everyone
Stephanie Perrin (NCSG)
01:05:57
Thanks. Bye
Mark Svancarek (BC)
01:05:59
thanks!
Marc Anderson (RySG) (Verisign)
01:05:59
thanks Caitlin