Logo

NCUC Zoom
Olga Kyryliuk
25:45
Hi All
Milton Mueller
26:09
"yet another" meeting LOL
Mili Semlani
26:24
Hello all
Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix
26:49
you must have had your fair share of NCUC meetings Milton ;)
Milton Mueller
29:33
sounds like Bruna has had more than her share ;-)
Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix
29:51
haha
Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix
30:07
Bruna: I'll be glad to report whatever we'll be up to in ccpdp4 by then
Olga Kyryliuk
30:10
Support the policy updates and the three topics
Mili Semlani
30:20
yes to policy udpates
Mili Semlani
30:22
Maybe we should add some details on the “strategy review” work…to give members some background/update on the “merger talks”
Milton Mueller
33:49
I would like to add the constituency merger/bylaw modification to the agenda
Milton Mueller
34:16
Ah, so "strategy review" is same thing?
Benjamin Akinmoyeje
34:28
which strategy?
Mili Semlani
34:35
the merger talks Benji
Benjamin Akinmoyeje
35:20
Okay @Mili
stephanieeperrin
41:03
Bad echo
Milton Mueller
41:14
we can't hear you Mili there is background noise
bruna santos
41:19
Mili, we can’t hear you
Mili Semlani
41:25
Ohh sorry
Mili Semlani
41:38
My question is about the joint outreach sesssion
Mili Semlani
41:45
do we have it this time?
Milton Mueller
42:31
FYI I have another meeting at 11:30 so will leave soon
Mili Semlani
42:50
Cuz if we do, then we can keep the NCUC for newcomers much shorter
stephanieeperrin
43:17
I think the human rights session was kind of a consolation prize, they got their proposals for abuse sessions accepted, we did not get our proposal for a human right HIT accepted.
Maryam Bakoshi
43:34
None at this time for the Fellows
Mili Semlani
44:00
Makes sense
stephanieeperrin
44:04
Milton has anyone reached out to you to appear on the Abuse panel? I gave zuck your name as a potential person….
Milton Mueller
44:23
Ha ha. No.
stephanieeperrin
44:36
Unsurprising.
stephanieeperrin
44:49
Suggestions welcome
Milton Mueller
45:06
Tatiana would be good
stephanieeperrin
45:34
Can you please talk her into it? I will propose her name if she agrees
stephanieeperrin
46:58
We need someone on the IRT to replace Amr in my opinion. I am trying to talk Stefan into it
stephanieeperrin
49:33
I don’t know whether Rafik ever completed his promised job description for policy committee chair, but I have not finished my promised job description for the NCSG Chair. I will at least get you my draft Bruna, might help move that along.
Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix
50:17
;) it will come in due time steph ...
Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix
50:25
Ben: noted!
Milton Mueller
50:26
bye all
bruna santos
50:31
bye milton!
Mili Semlani
50:34
yes
Mili Semlani
50:37
bye Milton
Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix
50:48
bye Milton thx for joining
Mili Semlani
51:46
I agree…with Ben and Franco.
Mili Semlani
52:42
We can maybe start with creating a living doc that records ongoing work and each year ECs can add to it. This way the history will be there and be a good reference point for new ECs
stephanieeperrin
54:05
We have on the website existing documents listing project work, that is out of date. We could perhaps find volunteers to keep that work out of date?
stephanieeperrin
54:19
Up to date I mean…
Mili Semlani
54:42
2. I also feel we should have periodic EC meetings a month before and after every ICANN meeting (be it physical or virtual). These can be added to the calendar as soon as new EC is in place
Mili Semlani
55:00
Apologies for being unable to use my mic
stephanieeperrin
55:50
One of our biggest problems in my view is that the leaders are stuck with so much work that when their terms are up they just run….
stephanieeperrin
56:08
Leaving no-one to brief or help their successors
bruna santos
01:01:25
I know =/
bruna santos
01:01:26
hahah
Mili Semlani
01:03:16
Its a good idea, Ben. We could do a quarterly membership meeting (virtual).
Olga Kyryliuk
01:03:28
if members attended at least those zooms that are already happening. take ncsg policy meeting for example, not high attendace
Mili Semlani
01:03:44
fair point Olga
Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix
01:04:50
yes that, and I understand there may be a need for other types of meetings, but also having a meeting just for the sake of one, is not very productive. So it would be nice to have a quarterly meeting, to the extent we have something interesting for the membership
stephanieeperrin
01:05:38
We can barely come up with agendas for the public meetings….so I don’t think more meetings will solve a problem
bruna santos
01:08:30
Transition document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LZLzNcg9c4tqQ5SmsZ_6VBvCUrq4lVpa-Gk7z0FmqWw/edit?usp=sharing
stephanieeperrin
01:12:50
Would a basic reading list help?
Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix
01:13:13
doesn't it already exist somewhere? but yes there should be one
Mili Semlani
01:13:16
We can add this reading list to the website
Mili Semlani
01:13:27
It will also be a good resource to add to newcomers kit
stephanieeperrin
01:13:57
Once I leave the Chair, I could do a blog with a basic intro list of required reading for each PDP. Sometimes the wiki space has so much stuff on it, people take one look and run away.
Mili Semlani
01:14:58
At the Montreal meeting, we spoke about dividing the EC in teams (membership issues, outreach, event etc). Should we strengthen that?
stephanieeperrin
01:15:17
A job that a non expert could do is do a daily blog post on what is going on in the GNSO that day…for instance today we had Council. Tuesday we had our policy committee.
bruna santos
01:15:24
We attempted at doing that, but this plan was never really taken forward. But I like this idea, Mili.
bruna santos
01:15:37
Mike and Ben were fundamental for the Policy writing course
Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix
01:18:00
yes sure
Mili Semlani
01:18:35
sure the transition meeting + kickoff for new term. This can be agenda setting. Set the goals and persons in charge
Mili Semlani
01:19:10
We record it in a doc…so at all times everyone knows who is doing what
stephanieeperrin
01:19:57
Transition would be a great idea. I am sticking around to help, and I would like to reinforce the message that for the past two years, we have had a group of leaders at NCSG who all got along. We cooperated and worked together well even if we did not always agree. Given our history of much bickering among constituencies, we need to cling fast to that sprit of cooperation
stephanieeperrin
01:21:05
When there are fights going on, it takes all the time of the leaders to deal with those fights.
Mili Semlani
01:21:21
Very true…it can be draining
stephanieeperrin
01:21:45
Yes and no-one is every happy so it really is a waste of our precious time
Mili Semlani
01:22:44
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LZLzNcg9c4tqQ5SmsZ_6VBvCUrq4lVpa-Gk7z0FmqWw/edit?usp=sharing
Mili Semlani
01:22:51
this is shaping to be rich!
Maryam Bakoshi
01:22:56
Sure Bruna, we can track that aside from the reminders I send.
Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix
01:24:12
I have to run to another call! sorry :X let me know about action points and ill listen to the recording for the rest :) bye all and thx
Mili Semlani
01:24:24
Bye Raph
Maryam Bakoshi
01:24:48
Link to the NCUC ABR request: https://community.icann.org/display/projfinadhocws/NCUC+-+FY21+Additional+Budget+Requests
Maryam Bakoshi
01:25:15
Link to the ABR approval: https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=134513539
stephanieeperrin
01:28:04
What are we doing about the ABRs we need to start work? I am including the NCSG one because of course you are inheriting it....